» Foodstuff » Review / complaint: Coles - Food poisoning | News #1623

Food poisoning

I purchased 3 Gingerbread House Kit from Coles in Castle Towers Australia on 01 December.
The marking on the box indicates
IMPORTED BY Coles Supermarkets
12206A/1 14:24

We made up 2 of the houses and noticed that all the candy was very very hard and initial thoughts were that it was plastic. We did not use it on the gingerbread house.
After applying the icing, we left the house to ‘set’. 2 children ate the ‘creation’ at a later point and were both violently ill.

My son (7 years old) has vomited a total of 6 times during the day and is not well at all. The other child (9 years old female) who also ate the gingerbread house has also been vomiting and ill all of today.

The gingerbread houses have been thrown away and I am going to return the final unmade gingerbread house kit to Coles Supermarkets and insist on a refund. I will also caution them as to what happened and inquire if there have been any other complaints about this product.

Sydney, Australia

Company: Coles

Country: Australia   State: New South Wales   City: Castle Hill

Category: Foodstuff


Only registered users can leave comments.
Please Register on our website, it will take a few seconds.

Quick Registration via social networks:
Login with FacebookLogin with Google