See how one of Australia's biggest builder's does it at
4 Pages with lots of photos of everything listed below, and much more...
We moved into our brand new AVJennings townhouse in Melbourne Australia in mid 1999. In the first 2 years...
- Gas leaked into the kitchen
- Water ran down the bedroom walls, twice, for a total of 8 months.
- Water dripped through the bedroom ceiling (twice) for months more
- The patio turned into a shallow lake
- The kitchen cupboards fell apart
- Water leaked in and ran down the walls in the kitchen, lounge and laundry
- The heating stopped working properly. They had "forgotten" to fit a flue!
- The heating stopped working properly, again. They had fitted the "wrong flue"
- The patio tanking failed 4 times
- The patio tiling had to be ripped up 5 times, and counting...
- four faulty doors were replaced. With 4 more faulty doors, and one more for good measure (that's 9 faulty doors in a row!)
- The patio was built/rebuilt twice with a design that required water to run uphill to leave the patio.
- Some parts of the flashing were missing. As was the manhole. And some of the external brickwork caulking. And some of the insulation. It had all been "forgotten"
- The phone line was founded to be inaccessably sealed behind brickwork. But that didn't matter because the internal wiring was already wrecked
- The balcony became overrun with a mystery salt leachate. I was told by Jennings rep. that it was "toxic". And then the next day, not toxic at all, in fact that it was "phosphoresence". Must be that special "radium" grout they used!
- They branded me a "nutcase"
- Pass me my straitjacket now please