As with most of the users here I signed up to an adult site that offered a free trial period of 45 minutes. To accomplish the task of age verification they required credit card details. This was all about four weeks ago.
The terms and conditions (lol) stated clearly that pzest.com (www.powerzest.com)would take care of all of the billing duties. So after realising that the site offered nothing that it was meant to I headed over to pzest.com to cancel my membership. However after entering my details pzest.com could find no matching details, this was when I began to worry...
Two weeks later my credit card is charged with 2 bills for $29.99 and 2 bills for $19.99 aswell as the conversion charges. The charges are made out to "Datesnow pty ltd online". I therefore try to find datesnow.com on the net. After several days of trying to get onto the web site I get lucky and the site opens.
I checked for cancellation methods and found two differing processes. Within the terms and conditions it states that you have to e-mail the site with your account details and within 48hrs you will receive a response, this is yet to arrive.
Within the help section it states that you can review your membership plan and cancel your account. I did this and it now states that my "premium member" account status is "cancellation pending". During the last two weeks since cancelling via the mebership review I have recieved a further 3 bills. One for $29.99, and 2 for $19.99.
So I rang the company and spoke with an operator who claimed that the online system was down and he could not access my account. He promised that almost all of the money would be refunded once the system was functional again and that I should contact the company again on monday this week. He sounded very edgy and it seemed to me that he was having to think on his feet as it were.
Their system is probably not down, in fact I predict that its functioning exactly how it is meant to. I am prepared to do whatever it takes to stop this company from charging me further and for them to fully refund me (or better yet get them shut down permanently). I will contact my credit card company after tomorrows phonecall, if I get through...